Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some Time Away

Some time away seems like the obvious for this post, seeing as I haven't posted since October? Crazy. Funny how I thought that I would have MORE time after the kids were in school—even part-time. What a lie that is. I seem to be busier now than I was before. A different kind of busy, but busy just the same. I spend less time cuddling and doing things for the kids and more time refereeing and chauffeuring them around to birthday parties, soccer, karate etc. Then there is the never ending list of all the things I dreamed about having time to do when the kids were at school. Mostly, I dreamed about going grocery shopping alone. Sad, but true and any mother will understand the luxury of this. A shopping trip with the kids ends up taking twice as long and cost twice as much as snacks and toys seem to enter the cart in an effort to get out of the store as quickly and quietly as possible. Bribe is such an ugly word, I prefer to think of it as incentive. Yes, sometimes I'm "that" kind of parent. Not all the time, but sometimes. And I'm OK with that.

OK Let's Catch UP!
Me: Teaching Zumba is going really well. I teach 4 classes a week at the Curves in my town. One class a week at the YWCA in Worcester, and sub a Zumba Toning class once a month. I plan to pick up more next fall when both kids are in school MORE (there I go again with my dreams) but Luke will be gone 5 FULL DAYS! More on that later. Christmas was crazy as usual, and I had a full house of guests. My In-Laws came, which was great since they had never spent a Christmas with the kids (or us). I cooked a Turkey AND a Ham (for the first time) for dinner and sat down with 13 members of my Family. It was wonderful.

I'm currently getting over the worst stomach bug in the the history of the world and would not wish this on my worst enemy.

LUKE: Luke is still enjoying Karate, and will be testing for his Orange belt in a few weeks. He turned 5 this week (!) and is very excited about his Birthday party. He will attend Kindergarten next year and is excited about riding the bus. Kindergarten is 5 full days here, so even though I think it is a long day, I'm looking forward to having more time. He is such a good kid and really wants to be helpful. I'm really enjoying this age.

GAVIN: is three and a half…and he is good at it. He is enjoying school and seems to be coming into his own. He doesn't seem to want to participate in activities unless he can do them with Luke. I'm planning to organize some playdates for him so that he can start making his OWN friends and not just be the "younger brother".

MIKE: Is busy consulting and still travels a lot for work. He is currently putting together a conference with his Business partner to be held the end of April beginning of May in Las Vegas. It's a lot of work, but good exposure and they are already sold out! I'll end up doing some design work for it as well, which is nice for me too. I'm very proud of him.

I'm hoping I'll have more time (there I go again) and motivation to keep posting. I know some of you have missed the humorous tales of Luke and Gavin. Here's to more Posts! Cheers!

No comments: