Thursday, September 22, 2011

Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Nope, I'm not talking about Christmas. I'm talking about Back to School. And Yes, I know I am behind in this post, but I've been very busy. Last week was back to school for Luke and Gavin. The preschool that they are attending starts about 2 weeks after the public school does. So while all my friend's children were back I had two more weeks of Summer vacation. It was nice to take the kids a few more places and not have to worry about a big crowd.

Luke is attending preschool for a second year and will be going every morning from 9-11:30 and Gavin will be joining him on Tues. and Thurs. in a different classroom. I could have put them in the same class, but part of the reason they need school so much is to get a break from each other. And I need a break from them. And the First day of School could not happen without the traditional back-to-school photo taken on the front porch. So here they are:

Luke's First Day: 9/12/11


Gavin's First Day: 9/13/11






I signed both boys up for a week long soccer camp this summer, which Luke really liked. It was for one hour a day, perfect for this age group. Gavin said he wanted to do it too, but played about 5 minutes the entire week. Luke has decided he wants to play Soccer again this Fall, and now that he is on the U6 team, he has one practice a week and a game on Saturday. Luke Also started Karate, which was an activity I was really hoping Gavin would pursue, since he is not interested in Soccer. They both met with the instructor for a 15 minute lesson and evaluation of their skills. They both listened and followed directions. Luke was put into the little Tigers class and Gavin in the Little Dragons. Luke continues to enjoy it, and Gavin decided he didn't want to do it unless he could be in Luke's class. So Looks like he is just not ready for activities, and wait for him to show more interest. I just don't want him to feel over-shadowed by the older sibling. As a second born, I'm more sensitive to that.

OK enough about the kids. I have been studying my butt off to take the Primary Group Exercise Certification Test through AFAA, which is why I have not posted. My test was on Sept. 9th. I think I did well. Fingers crossed, I find out in 4-6 weeks.

I started teaching Zumba® at the YWCA one night a week and at Curves one morning a week, plus some subbing. I have been getting good reviews at both locations from the participants, which is very good considering the reason I got the job(s) in the first place is because they didn't like the instructor before me. Talk about pressure. Im hoping to pick up 2 more classes a week while both boys are in school, but I'm really enjoying having some free time to do the things I can't do with 2 children in tow—like get my hair cut. And I got it CUT—short.



And I'm loving it—so far. I've only had it for about 3 hours. Tomorrow will be the real test when I roll out of bed, stumble into the bathroom and see a boy staring back at me in the mirror. Hopefully I will be able to recreate this look. The inspiration for this cut was my gal pal Lyndsay. I suggest you pop on over to her blog if you haven't yet. She rocks the pixie cut like no other and will give you tips on how to do the same!

1 comment: