Thursday, January 20, 2011

NO More Pull-Ups…Hooray

Almost a year ago, Luke said good-bye to diapers and hello to big boy underwear. Almost immediately he started getting up at night to go pee in the potty, which I never told him he had to do. I figured we would master day time and tackle night time later on. And to be perfectly honest, I was almost a little annoyed that he was, since now I also had to get up in the middle of the night to help him. I was finally getting Gavin to sleep through the night which between both boys, it had been almost 3 years without me being woken up in the middle of the night. (And I'm not counting the 3 month prior to Luke being born where I suffered serious insomnia. But what was I going to say, "Just go in your pants. You are wearing a Pull-Up!" Kind of counter productive. So While mastering daytime, we were working on night time too. And most mornings, he woke up dry. As of late, he has been hounding me to wear big boy underwear at night. So I told him that when this bag of Pull-ups was empty, he could wear big boy underwear to bed.

We are on night 3 of No more pull-ups, and he has done great—which I knew he would.